In continuation of the RAD Architecture Series, we are going to focus on Client-side Framework in this post.
Good user interface and usability can have a strong positive impact on the adoption of the application by end users. At the same time, it takes good skills to build good user experience. It is not just science but an art that is mastered by a few.
With WaveMaker Platform, the following aspects were evaluated before selecting the right framework:
- Support for a Framework that encapsulates modern client side architecture while also providing ability for developers to easily customize client side behavior
- Support for responsive user interface that can adapt well to modern devices
- Support for Single Page Applications
- Well-designed client-side MVC framework
- Support for 2-way data binding between Model and View
And finally the most important one was selecting a framework that had support and backup of a large community of developers, users and enterprise adoption.
With WaveMaker, all the client-side UI widgets are wrapped using AngularJS directives.
WaveMaker allows developers to drag and drop these widgets to create a sophisticated user interface. These widgets allow customization using properties and offer greater sophistication in terms of usability and support data binding with any backend sources. You will learn more about them in the next blog post in this series.
In the next blog post in this series, we will deep dive into the UI widget architecture. Stay tuned!