WaveMaker has released a new version with new features.
i. Modern Application Stack
In keeping up with the latest technology, WaveMaker has upgraded its MVC Framework to Angular 7x version. While this will not change the app development experience, there will be changes in the generated code base.
If you have projects developed in WaveMaker 9x version, you can continue to work on them. Simply open these projects in the WaveMaker 10 and we will automatically migrate your code to the latest Angular so you can reap the benefits of the latest UI technologies.
For more information, see Update WaveMaker 9.x to WaveMaker 10.0.
ii. Angular 7 Code Generation
With WM 10.0 release, the platform automatically generates the angular code for the app, which means the app structure looks exactly like any Angular app. You can view the code from the “generated-angular-app” folder in the file explorer.
For more information, see File Explorer.
WM 10.0 extends the current build options to deploy your app in the Production Mode, with:
- Angular 7 CLI compatible build process
- Reduced size of build output files
- Optimized output with Dead Code Elimination/Tree shaking, Uglification, and Minification
- Reduction in Application & Page Load times as parsing & execution times will reduce by 3x times #doc
iv. Inspection Framework
- Code inspection for custom AngularJS code (1.x)
- Locate errors or any unsupported methods in your project #doc
- Row Expansion in Data Table Widget: Row expansion expands the row horizontally to view additional information of the expanded data table item. #doc
- Progress Circle Widget: A progress circle is a Basic type widget. Using the Progress Circle widget, visualize the status of an event in a circle bar. You can create reports and dashboards. #doc
- Search Widget: Match mode property: Specifies how to apply the filter on fields. For examples, match the query anywhere in the string. #doc
- Search Widget: Delay time: This delay is used for performance optimization to reduce multiple network calls. #doc
- Form Widget: Validation messages
- List Widget: New methods exposed
Option to Export a WAR with the deployment profile is temporarily not available
- Exporting a WAR with the deployment profile has temporarily been removed, and we will add it back soon. We are implementing the WAR Export as an asynchronous operation that sends an email notification once it is finished. And, we expect to have this deployed soon in the next update. In the meantime, to deploy your application in your local machine, see this article: Building a War from the WaveMaker project.
|MVC Framework||angular||7.0.1 -> 7.2.2|
|ngx-bootstrap - new||3.0.1|
|Device support, gestures||hammerjs||2.0.8|
Optimised jQuery-UI library excluding unwanted components like accordion, datepicker, dialog, progressbar, spinner, tabs, and all jQuery-UI Effects.
|Spring Framework||4.3.19 -> 5.1.4|
|Security framework||Spring Security||5.0.8|
|Java JSON utilities||Gson||2.2.4 -> 2.8.5|
|DB Persistence library||Hibernate||5.2.10 -> 5.2.17|
|Sample database||HSQL||2.4.0 -> 2.4.1|
|JSON library||Jackson||2.9.7 -> 2.9.8|
|Http client library||HttpComponents|| httpclient- 4.5.5 -> 4.5.6 |
httpmime- 4.5.5 -> 4.5.6
|Http client library||HttpComponents||httpcore- 4.3.2 -> deprecated|
|REST API annotations||Swagger||1.3.10|
|Date Time Framework||Java 8 Date/Time API|
Run Time Environment
|Cordova (mobile apps)||8.0.0 -> 8.1.1|
This is the default Tomcat runtime support. Apps can be deployed to any standard Java Web Server running on JDK 1.8 (more...)