Scenario: To filter the rows fetched from a database table using the Filter Criteria option of Database CRUD Variable (of 'read' type). Features
- Filter Fields functionality acts as a query builder.
- Preview of the where clause that will be built based on the specification.
- A WaveMaker Web Application, with a database imported (we are using the sample HR Database).
- A Database CRUD variable, here we are using the Employee table from the sample hrdb. Note this feature is available only for the Database CRUD variable of type 'read'
- Access the Variable and navigate to the Filter Criteria tab.
- Here you can specify the conditions for applying the row filter on specified field values.
- Each condition is called a Criteria and multiple conditions can be categorized into a Group.
- Criteria/Groups can be joined by AND/OR expression.
- Filter conditions can be selected from the given drop down. The conditions are pre-populated based upon the filter field data type.
- Filter Criteria Preview gives you the filter expression based on the criteria and groups that you add.
- You can delete any criteria or group.