OAuth 2.0 is an authorization framework, which is updated after the original OAuth protocol created in 2006. OAuth 2.0 is a standard protocol, which provides delegated secured access for web, mobile, and desktop applications. To know more about the working of WaveMaker OAuth Prefabs click here.
LinkedIn OAuth in WaveMaker
In order to use the LinkedIn OAuth prefab, please follow the below steps: Disclaimer: The screenshots from the LinkedIn website were current at the time of writing this document, the actual screens might differ.
- Log on to https://developer.linkedin.com/ and enter your credentials. LinkedIn Developers page is displayed.
- Go to My Apps and click Create Application. Create a New Application page is displayed.
- Enter a valid sample Authorized Redirect URLs below OAuth 2.0 and click Add. Click Update. Your application is successfully created. Note: Make a note of the Client ID and Client Secret
Open WaveMaker and create an application.
Check and confirm the settings and click Save on the Project Settings window.
Select a Template for Main page and click OK.
Drag and Drop the LinkedIn Prefab from the Prefabs Tab under OAuth.You can use the default login page created by WaveMaker.
You can set the Login Mode to be:
- auto will in the run mode after initialization of the Prefab the app would automatically be navigated to the OAuth Authorization page
- manual (default mode) will invoke the OAuth Authorization page on click of the login button
Save and Run the application.
After you run the application, redirect URL is generated. You might have to click REMOVE TOOLBAR to get the URL. Copy the redirect uri till the _callback _part. For example, if your url looks like this:
You will be redirected to the LinkedIn Allow Access screen, this will be the screen you will first see if you have set Login Mode to auto. Enter your credentials to Login and click Allow Access You can now see the application with Access Token and Callback URL.