This document contains the prerequisites and the pre-setup instructions for WaveMaker Enterprise 10.0.2 installation on a VM using the DEB installer.
- Download the DEB installer from the S3 link provided by the WaveMaker team.
- Download the License Key (.zip format) issued by the WaveMaker team.
- Launch a VM running Ubuntu 16.04 OS and kernel version 4.15.x.
The VM should have the following minimum configuration:
IP Addressing Requirements
- You should assign one static IP for VM in order to access the VM from your network.
- An IP range (/16 CIDR) for assigning to the Docker containers for internal use within WME VM. This IP range should not be in use in your network settings and it can be completely different from your network’s range.
- DNS mappings for domain URLs that you provide during setup. These domains should resolve to the VM IP. For more detailed information on IP addressing, see here.
Install the IPSet Package and Docker 17.09.0-ce
NOTE: All commands are intended to be executed as ‘root’ by a Cloud/Linux Administrator.
Preparing the VM
Once the VM is launched, SSH into the VM using credentials and Install docker 17.09.0-ce
bash docker_setup.sh # apt-get install linux-image-extra-
NOTE: If your network requires a proxy configuration, add the below lines to file /etc/apt/apt.conf. This allows apt to download packages via your proxy.
- Install the IPSet package via apt.
# apt-get update
apt-get install ipset
Initializing WME via DEB Installer
- Download the DEB installer from the given S3 URL onto the launched VM.
- Extract the DEB using dpkg command.
# dpkg -i deb_file
NOTE: (replace with the actual DEB file name)
- Once the DEB is extracted, it displays the main script to be executed which initializes the setup. Run the main script.
# bash /usr/local/content/wme/wme-installer/<deb_version>/wme-deb-installer.sh
NOTE: (replace <deb_version> with the actual version available in the directory)
- When prompted, enter the interface name (e.g. eth0) and an IP address (CIDR) range as described in the prerequisites above.
- After successful initialization, the script will display a URL to perform the rest of the WME setup.
- Open the URL in your web browser and refer the instructions mentioned here to set up.