Applicable to WaveMaker Cloud alone
If you have installed WM cloud separately, it provides the ability to deploy and orchestrate custom based container app environments. Adding an instance provides additional capacity for the creation of container based app-environments. To add instances, you must first launch an additional VM using the WME External Instance Image/AMI. The download links for WME External Instance Image/AMI and the corresponding checksum file (where applicable) will be provided to you by the WaveMaker team through an email communication.
- Launch an additional VM instance with the downloaded WME External Instance image/AMI.
- After the VM instance is in running state, you can add the instance from Cloud Portal by selecting Infra Capacity on the left and navigating to the Shards tab.
- Select the Shard (by default a demo Shard will be created, see the next section to add Shards) to which instance needs to be added and click Add Instance.
Enter the Instance Name and IP Address of the new VM Instance (Note: The IP address should be the IP address of the external instance just launched using the WME External Instance Image and NOT that of the WME Platform VM)
- The SSH Port is selected as 22 by default
- Enter the credentials in the Authentication Details section (credentials will be shared with you by the WaveMaker team).
- Click Test to verify the authentication details.
Click Add Instance. Your instance is now added.
Once the instance is added, it will be in CONFIGURING state and the instance will be setup in the background. This may take a couple of minutes
Once this is done, the instance will be ready for use when the state changes to STARTED.
Adding Additional Shards
A Shard is a logical grouping or pool of machine instances for purpose of categorization. A logical grouping can help manage and separate different groups of app-environments. For instance, an enterprise can create different shards for development, testing, staging and production. Or different shards can also be created for separating external cloud provider instances from on-premise instances.
By default, a Cloud Demo Shard is created but you could add additional Shards
- From Cloud Portal select Infra Capacity on the left and navigate to the Shards tab.
- To add Shard, click Create Shard button
- Enter a Name and Description, the Base URL will be generated.
- Add the first Instance to the Shard. An instance has to be created, as specified in the previous section. An Instance already added to a Shard cannot be added to another Shard.