WaveMaker Apps can be exported as a WAR file. This generated file can be deployed to any standard Java Web Server running on JDK 1.8. This section walks through the steps to deploy WaveMaker app to Tomcat. You can know more about Deployment to Web Server from here.
WaveMaker application can be deployed on any of the following versions of the Tomcat:
- Tomcat 8.x
- Tomcat 9.x
The minimum required JDK version is 1.8.
- Tomcat has to be installed & running
- Tomcat user credential that has the role of
- “manager-gui” for Tomcat v8.x & v9.x
- WaveMaker application war file to be deployed.
The deployment on Tomcat can be done either by copying the war file into web apps folder or by using Management portal.
Deployment from Web apps Folder
The instructions are same for all versions of Tomcat.
- Copy the war file to /webapps folder.
- Tomcat will automatically detect the newly copied war file and start deploying. You can check the status on the Tomcat console.
- After the deployment is successful you can access the application at http://localhost:8080/<ApplicationName>
Deployment using Management portal
Deployment for Tomcat 8.x/9.x
- Open a browser and navigate to http://localhost:8080 (if Tomcat is running on a different port, replace the 8080 with that port).
- Click on Manager App button displayed on the homepage and provide User Name and Password in the respective text boxes when prompted.
- You will be navigated to Tomcat Web Application Manager.
- Navigate to War file to deploy section and choose the war file that you want to deploy and click on Deploy button.
- Once Application war has been deployed the application name will be listed in the applications list and it is in Start state by default
- Click on the application name link to access the Deployed application.