WaveMaker team announces the release of WaveMaker Studio 7.5 which includes the release of WaveMaker Studio Desktop 7.5! It is a big milestone for us as well as the Studio developer community who have been waiting for the Desktop version eagerly. Studio 7 is one of the most significant releases of WaveMaker in the past few years, if not ever. With today’s release, developers can build apps using Studio 7 on desktops (Studio Desktop), on the cloud (WaveMaker Online) and on enterprise infrastructure (WaveMaker Enterprise).
WaveMaker Studio 7 Releases – Timeline
Studio 7.5 Release is also a good time to look back at the releases made by the WaveMaker team since the launch of Studio 7.0 on September 16, 2014. Did you know that the WaveMaker team has made 17 releases in the last seven months!! That is a release every fortnight. Thanks for all of the encouraging feedback that kept us motivated. You can explore all the Studio 7 releases in this interactive timeline below:
Created using Timeline JS
How to download and install WaveMaker Studio
You can install the latest Studio Desktop from the Downloads page which has links to the installation instructions and release notes.
A few things to note:
1. Studio Desktop 7.5 installer can be run on any of the compatible operating systems listed on the Downloads page.
2. You need a WaveMaker account to use Studio Desktop 7.5. If you are an existing WaveMaker Online user, you can login using the same credentials. If not, you can register link on the Studio Desktop login dialog.
3. If you are facing any issues during installation or registration, please post to the WaveMaker Studio 7+ forum. Do tag your posts with “desktop” and “7.5”.
4. The core capabilities of Studio Desktop 7.5 are similar to Studio available at WaveMaker Online. However, Studio Desktop does not offer the enterprise capabilities that you can try at WaveMaker Online. For a detailed comparison refer to the Plan Comparison page. Also, the frequency of release updates and bug fixes will be higher for WaveMaker Online as it is a SaaS version.
5. Studio Desktop 7.5, like the earlier Studio Desktop versions, is distributed under the Apache 2.0 license. The source code will be made available shortly. Please check the News and Announcements forum for updates.