WaveMaker 6.4.1 Beta is released! Our goal with every release is to simplify development and deployment of business oriented web sites. WaveMaker 6.4 takes another important stride forward in our mission. Here’s a sampling of some of the improvements delivered:
- Localization – build localizable applications and test/view each language within Studio
- Secure services from security configuration – restrict access to databases, web services, or java services using the enhance security configuration editor.
- Service partner integration – partners can extend Studio, making it easier to find, import, and use partner web services within WaveMaker. Our partner, Infoteria, has integrated their ASTERIA product, making it easy to use ASTERIA services within WaveMaker.
- Filtering select widget – efficiently manage select editors displaying large number of entries
- New widgets for Google Maps and Facebook (Like and Activity)
We improved the deployment UI and added simple deployment to Cloud Foundry.
Cloud Foundry is an open platform as a service with public and private offerings. With WaveMaker 6.4 you can deploy your WaveMaker application to Cloud Foundry with as simple “one-click” interface. Deploy to cloudfoundry.com or to microcloud instances. Go to cloudfoundry.com to signup for a free account.
For the full list of enhancements, see the 6.4 release notes.
WaveMaker Community members can download the Beta release here.
I, and the entire WaveMaker team, will be extremely grateful to community members who download and use this Beta release. We are anxious to receive feedback. Over the next couple weeks we’ll be working diligently to complete the 6.4 release and ship the GA version. If you encounter problems, please let us know immediately; we’ll do our best to fix and resolve issues quickly.
I look forward to hearing your comments.